This Friday I point you to some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. I loved this skewer of the whole Joe Wilson thing. Grown-ups in politics? Naaahhhhhhhhh….
2. I also enjoyed this thought-provoking analysis in the Detroit Free Press of why long summers may be delaying adulthood.
3. Here’s a Q and A with author Andrew Cherlin about the state of marriage in the U.S. and Europe, based on his new book, The Marriage-Go-Round. Given how many (happily) un-married couples and parents I know in London, I was really intrigued by the cross-national statistics.
4. But for those of us who are married, wives will surely enjoy Michelle Slatalla’s laugh-out-loud essay on what happens when your husband comes home with a new pair of (ugly) shoes.
5. Here’s my own rant on American fast food in yesterday’s PoliticsDaily.com.
6. Finally, Robert Kaplan makes the case in The Atlantic for watching Al Jazeera. I have to say I’m intrigued.
Enjoy your weekend!