Every Friday I point you to some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. I’m always impressed when people follow their dreams in adulthood. In that spirit, have a look at my friend Laurie Gould’s new website – Gould Tunes – which showcases the album she and some friends will be releasing later on this autumn: Songs of Domestic Bliss. Working moms should definitely have a sneak preview of “I Should.”
2. Here’s a novel idea. Get divorced and share custody of not only the kids…but a blog! That’s what’s happening over at When The Flames Go Up. Check it out!
3. I have no idea why it’s taken me so long to follow what’s going on over at Gawker, but boy am I glad that I did. Love this blog network’s irreverent, snarky tone. Here’s a great spoof of Sarah Palin’s recent diatribe against a “cackle of Rads.”
4. A friend of mine linked to Beloit College’s Mindset List For The Class of 2014, where a humanities professor on campus walks you through the mindset of the current graduates to let you know how young they are (or how old you are.) My favorite? “John McEnroe has never played professional tennis.”
5. I always enjoy Howard Baldwin’s rants over on Middle Age Cranky. Here he is on Boomer Living’s Coffee House Blog talking about “Seven More Things That Really Frost Me About Middle Age.” (Yeah, I’m also bummed about the game show thing.)
7. Finally, for those who are interested, here’s my defense of the EMILY’s list Mama Grizzly ad that’s been the subject of much discussion back home in America this week.