Every Friday I point you towards some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. I always love reading Katy Keim’s suggestions over at Book Snob. This week, she had a terrific post on why we all need to read that “Great American Novel” Freedom by Jonathan Franzen.
2. What would Ayn Rand do? Here’s some deliciously wry child-rearing advice from Eric Hague over at McSweeneys.
3. If you’re in need of a laugh, have a look at The Onion’s spot on the new, FDA-approved depressant drug for the Annoyingly Cheerful.
4. Also sure to bring a smile is Alex Beam’s rant against (pretty much all) drivers in The Boston Globe.
6. Finally, for those who are interested, here’s a post I did earlier this week for Politics Daily on 10 Reasons To Lift The Cuba Embargo.
I will be doing a staycation in London next week with the kids. I’ll see you all on the other side of August (sometimes known as September!)