Every Friday I point you towards some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. I was really sorry to miss Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert’s Rally To Restore Sanity and/or Fear in Washington, DC last week. But I really enjoyed reading this recap of the rally by my colleague Melinda Henneberger over at Politics Daily, as well as watching this video montage of the rally, also at Politics Daily.
2. I was fascinated by this analysis of what your blog/Face book/Twitter profile picture says about you by Nichole Bernier at Beyond The Margins. According to the experts, I am “warm and approachable,” but I also desperately need you to like me.
3. Here’s a great meditation on why 80 is *not* the new 60 by poet Judith Viorst at wowOwow.
5. As a former academic, I laughed out loud at this animated video, “So you want to get a PhD in the Humanities?” Ouch.
6. Finally, in the Department of “Just Because,” check out this video of an octopus that can mimic other animals from the Boston Globe’s Brainiac blog. SO COOL!
Have a great weekend!