Every Friday I point you to some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. I adored this post by Communicatrix on why we shouldn’t fetishize the New Year as a time for making change in our lives. (Appropriately titled “It’s Just Monday.”)
2. If you’re enjoying the WikiLeaks saga, you’ll love this post by John Lundberg at The Huffington Post on poetry inspired by WikiLeaks. (Be sure to also check out the original site.)
3. Journalists will laugh – and cringe – in equal measure at this spoof job posting on McSweeney’s. Yes, folks, it really is that bad.
5. Here’s a moving essay by Carolyn Roy-Bornstein over at Literary Mama discussing how a tragic event in her family ultimately inspired her to keep writing.
6. Finally – something for those of us with younger kids to look forward to one day: Patricia’s Wisdom on what it’s like when adult children come home.
Have a great weekend!