Every Friday I point you towards some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. I really enjoyed Katie Roiphe’s essay in the New York Times about how reading a draft of her mother’s memoir gave her new insight into her mother’s wild young adulthood.
2. And while we’re on the subject of childhood, Alyssa Bereznak’s rendering of her father’s obsession with objectivism in Salon is sad and fascinating in equal measure.
3. If you want a laugh, the inimitable Nora Ephron’s Six Stages of Email (reprinted in O Magazine) is hilarious.
4. Also hilarious – and in honor of Passover – is Google Exodus (subtitle: What if Moses had Facebook?) over at aish.com.
5. Finally – and just because – here’s a quiz in the Guardian titled “Can You Identify an Animal by its Eye?” Surprisingly challenging. I scored but 3/15.
Have a great weekend!