Every Friday I point you towards some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. Nothing quite screams generation gap when it comes to Osama Bin Laden’s death as much as this little screen shot over on Boing Boing.
2. I think we all know where I stand on the amazingly talented, barefooted piano-playing comedian Tim Minchin. Here’s his latest endeavor: an animated movie of his 9-minute beat poem, Storm. LOVE him.
3. Looking for a great book to read or to give as a gift? The Guardian asked a bunch of British authors which books they most enjoyed getting/giving as a gift. Some really great ideas in here.
4. Here’s a clever idea for a blog: one man’s journey to tour Europe guided only by a 1963 copy of Arthur Frommer’s Europe on Five Dollars a Day. I give you Europe on Five Bad Ideas A Day.
6. And to end on a sad – but deeply moving – note, here’s Derek Miller of Penmachine.com’s last blog post, written shortly before he died of cancer, and published upon his death. Amazing. (Hat Tip: Ben Casnocha)