Every Friday I point you towards some worthwhile reading around the blogosphere:
1. In case you didn’t get to see it live, here’s a running commentary of Oprah Winfrey’s last television show by Guardian writer Kira Cochrane. LOL funny. (Read from the bottom up.)
2. Not to be out done, the Boston Globe’s Alex Beam weighs in with his own curmudgeonly take on the daytime television superstar.
3. On a more upbeat note, author Wally Lamb tells his Oprah story. An inspirational tale for all writers.
4. Also moving is writer Tim Johnston’s account in Salon of what happened when he was plucked from obscurity by author/humorist David Sedaris. (Side note: I am seeing Sedaris live tonight!)
5. Love, love, love this story of how Nicola Morgan – of Help! I Need A Publisher! fame – created yesterday’s #1 trending topic on Twitter with the hashtag #lessinterestingbooks. Read the post and join in the fun!
Have a great weekend!