Every Friday I point you towards some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. In case you’re wondering why I’m hesitant to move back to the United States any time soon, take a look at this political ad against a woman running for Congress in California. Quite possibly the most offensive thing I’ve ever seen.
2. On the other hand, reasons to move back to the States? Bill Maher and Jane Lynch performing one of Anthony Weiner’s Facebook exchanges. Priceless. (Warning: strong language.)
3. And speaking of the (recently departed) Congressman, be sure and grab an anatomically correct Anthony Weiner doll while they last.
4. Funny and inspiring: a documentary about a Chicago comic with terminal cancer whose life-long quest is to appear on David Letterman. The title? Dying to do Letterman.
5. New Yorker lovers will love this promotional video about how the magazine puts together its Talk of the Town pieces.
6. Here is the ever-engaging Ali G talking animal rights (with a philosophical punch-line) over on the Boston Globe’s Brainiac blog.
Have a great weekend, everybody!