Every Friday I point you towards some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. Over on The Browser, NYU Journalism Prof Jay Rosen talks about how the internet has changed journalism. A terrific and informative read.
2. Fans of The Office (British version) will want to read Ricky Gervais’ account on the Huffington Post of why his character David Brent really is a good guy.
3. And speaking of Britain, the BBC News Magazine published a (user-generated) list of 50 Americanisms seeping into English English.
4. Meanwhile, back in America, Inhale to Prepare talks about how her summer vacation in the U.S. made her think (again) about the pros and cons of living in the U.S. vs. the U.K. (A subject near and dear to my own heart.)
5. Love Sarah Hall’s list of questions we wish were appropriate to ask on a first date over on Jezebel.
6. You may never eat salad again after reading this post on Freakonomics. (Note: it is imperative that you both look at the photos of said incident *and* read the comments.)
7. Out of Christmas present ideas for your kids? Try a Baby Voldemort doll.
Have a great weekend!