Every Friday I point you towards some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. Somehow I seemed to have missed this fabulous, Glee-inspired opening number at last year’s Emmy awards.
2. On the other hand, those of you who can’t stand Glee will absolutely adore Sesame Streets’ hilarious spoof of the high-school musical comedy show.
3. Over on Salon, Thomas Rogers’ eloquent take on the homo-erotic nature of college sports really struck a chord with me. Here’s a teaser: “I was a mediocre athlete, that was fine with me. I had to come to terms with the fact that my gayness made me less butch than Ice, and that was better than being a douchebag.”
4. Married couples of a certain age will not want to miss Middle Age Cranky’s Guide To Marital Compatibility. I can definitely relate to the potential disputes over arriving at the airport early.
5. Love these actual Amazon customer reviews for this ginormous camera lens. (Hat tip: @donnatrussell)
6. Finally, your weekend will not be complete until you hear this three-year-old recite a Billy Collins poem. As someone in the You Tube comments section wrote, you’ll never want to hear anyone else recite it again.
Have a fabulous weekend!