Every Friday I point you towards some recommended reading for the weekend:
1. In case you missed it, Mona Simpson’s eulogy for her brother, Steve Jobs, was absolutely breathtaking.
2. One of my favorite parenting bloggers – Lisa Belkin (formerly of Motherlode) – has a new home at The Huffington Post. Here’s one of her provocative, early posts on her new Huffpo blog, Parentlode, on whether we’re actually preparing our children well for the future.
3. Sam Leith has an absolutely fascinating piece in Slate on the history of the meme.
4. Aspiring novelists like myself will be deeply inspired by Leslie Pietrzyk’s story of how she came to write and publish her first novel. (Hat tip: Practicing Writing)
5. Finally, academics will get a huge kick out of this visual quiz – courtesy of a University of Toronto student – appropriately titled: Prof or Hobo? (Thanks, Jane!)
Have a great weekend!