Every Friday I point you towards some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. In case you haven’t seen it, here’s a fascinating, plausible account in the New York Review of Books for why former IMF Chairman Dominique Strauss Kahn may well have been set up on charges of rape in a New York hotel room earlier this year. (And here’s the BBC’s well-reasoned rejoinder.)
2. As always, I loved Alex Beam’s arch take-down of the Royal Family in the Boston Globe. He may be the only person on the planet who is actually sympathetic to Prince Philip.
3. I enjoyed thumbing through Time Magazine’s list of 12 things we buy in a bad economy. Doughnuts, anyone?
4. Anna Breslow’s scathing review of Jeffrey Eugenide’s new novel, The Marriage Plot, on The Hairpin is laugh-out-loud funny.
5. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more apt rendering of Thanksgiving anywhere. Thank you, Oatmeal. (P.S. Check out Aunt Milga’s boobs!)
6. And speaking of the holidays, the 27 worst Nativity Sets (the annual, growing list) on whyismarko is absolutely priceless. (I personally think that #34 is meant to be a placenta, but maybe that’s just me.)
7. Finally, best gift idea ever? Wire fans, eat your heart out…
Have a great weekend, everybody!