Every Friday I point you towards some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. In the wake of Christopher Hitchen’s death yesterday, Slate ran a series of tributes to the larger-than-life writer/journalist. Here’s one I particularly liked by Matt Labash.
2. Another person who made her mark at a young age is Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, seen here giving her TED talk on why we have too few women leaders.
3. Love The Guardian’s 2011 Year in Lego. Check out the pepper spray rendering!
4. As someone who loves tales of professional second acts, I was enchanted by this story over at Salon of a couple who re-invented themselves as grocers.
5. Just in time for Christmas! Bryan Miller’s (post-50) holiday gift guide at The Huffington Post. Tongue broom, anyone?
6. And finally, it just wouldn’t be a holiday without The Oatmeal. Here’s how different age groups celebrate Christmas.
And with that, dear friends, I leave you. Have a fabulous holiday and I’ll see you in January!