Every Friday I point you towards some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. Even though I haven’t seen half of these movies, I tend to think that – as usual – Roger Ebert is right about who got robbed in this year’s Oscar season. (As I die-hard fan of Hoop Dreams, I can’t believe they didn’t nominate The Interrupters!)
2. I thought David Hill’s article in the New York Times about the underlying pathos of stand-up comedy was brilliant.
3. As always, Alex Beam nails it in this hilarious take-down of the word “Dude.” (Which, by the way, I use all the time…)
4. Tear-jerker of the week – but worth it: two brothers sing a tribute to their dead mother to the tune of A Thousand Miles. (Hat tip: Lisa Belkin)
5. OK, OK. I know these “Sh*t X Say” videos are getting old, but as a former public radio employee (and ongoing fan!) I just had to laugh out loud at Sh*t Public Radio Listeners Say. The truth hurts. Ouch.
6. Over on Londontopia, check out these beautifully creative renderings of what London will look like in the future.
Have a great weekend!