Every Friday I point you towards some recommended reading for the weekend:
1. In response to last week’s post on personality types, Cecilia on the fabulous Only You blog decided to re-assess her parenting strategy in light of the DISC assessment I mentioned. Now I’m re-assessing mine as well. (Is this what they mean by life influencing art influencing life??)
2. As someone who’s had several close friends lose children to the deadly Tay-Sachs disease, I was quite taken with Emily Rapp’s moving reply over on Slate to Rick Santorum’s proposal that we limit pre-natal testing.
3. And speaking of Senator Santorum, do take five minutes to do this quick quiz on the Foreign Policy website where you try to figure out if the quote comes from Rick himself or the Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei. You’ll be surprised…
4. You may know her as an actress and writer from the American hit show, The Office, But Mindy Kaling has an awesome, LOL blog about shopping called The Concerns of Mindy Kaling. (Hat Tip: The Happiness Project)
5. For the musical theatre geeks in the audience (and you know who you are), I give you Stephen Sondheim and Andrew Lloyd Webber doing a piano duet. Heaven!
Have a great weekend!