Every Friday I point you towards some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. I thought Roger Cohen’s Op-ed in the International Herald Tribune on the whole viral campaign to stop KONY was spot on.
2. Of all the parodies of Greg Smith’s now famous op-ed in the New York Times about why he is quitting Goldman Sachs, I thought this one in Vanity Fair – entitled Why I’m Quitting Pinkberry – was the cleverest.
3. My cyber-friend Lisa has another terrific meditation on her blog Amid Privilege, this one about the difference between “pretty” and “attractive.” Required reading for women of all ages.
4. If you’ve ever wondered what it’s *really* like to work in the Human Resources Department, take a look at Confessions of the HR Department: Drunk and Bleeding is Never a Good Start to the Interview in xoJane.
5. This week’s installment in hilarious belongs to Dadspin’s If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, You’re Fu**ed: Ten Tips For Avoiding Terrible Children’s Books. Yeah, I tried that whole DK thing too…
6. Finally, in the Department of Just Because, a slide show of Staircases that Wow at Slate.
Have a great weekend, everybody!