Every Friday I point you towards some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. Over on Salon, I loved Cary Tennis’ send-up of the Secret Service scandal.
2. Also clever is Avi Steinberg’s hilarious blog post Pulitzer: The Leaked Fiction Memos at The New Yorker.
3. On a more serious note, Hannah Brown’s essay in the New York Times Modern Love column about what it’s like to try and date when you have an autistic child was both honest and heart-wrenching.
4. I never cease to be amazed by Roger Ebert’s blog. Here he is talking about skylines in different cities, including my (former) hometown Chicago and current fair city of London.
5. This map of what different American states are good at and bad at is genius.
6. Check out these never-before-seen photos of New York City from 100 years ago at The Daily Mail. Breathtaking!
7. I don’t know how this Volkswagen “Lord of the Rings” ad sneaked under my radar screen, but it’s a keeper.
8. Finally, I think White Man’s D!#k with Susan Sarandon pretty much speaks for itself. (Definitely NSFW)
Have a great weekend, everybody!