Every Friday I point you towards some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. This is a really lovely tribute to Roger Ebert by Slate film critic Dana Stevens, written during her recent visit to Ebertfest.
2. I’m obsessed with how people talk at work, so I really enjoyed The Guardian’s 10 worst examples of management-speak. (My own fave of late is “direction of travel” as in “What’s the direction of travel on this project?”)
3. And speaking of writing, Alex Beam’s “Confessions of a Word Snob” is laugh-out-loud funny.
4. Fiction writers will also love this workshop-to-English dictionary over at Beyond the Margins.
5. Finally, are you an introvert or an extrovert? And are you really sure? Take this quiz over at Susan Cain’s blog, Quiet: The Power of Introverts.
Have a great weekend!