On occasional Fridays, I point you towards some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. I always love hearing what Parade’s Connie Schultz is thinking about. Here she is reflecting on menopause and marriage.
2. And as long as we’re contemplating the ups and down of middle age, I really like the concept – and title – behind this new website: Fifty is the New Fifty. It sure as hell is.
3. And speaking of great websites, I don’t think I’ve shouted from the roof tops enough about my new writing home: The Broad Side. (‘Real Women. Real Opinions.’)
4. If you have trouble sleeping at night, drop whatever you’re doing and read this hilarious insomniac’s to do list over at another of my new fave websites for grown ups: Full Grown People. (Subscription required but it’s free!)
5. On The New Yorker blog, I really enjoyed this post on pet words we writers tend to (over) use.
6. Speaking of writers, the amazing Nicola Morgan gives us a peek into a typical day in her writing life on her Heartsong blog. Funny and yet spot on.
7. If you like to read, you’ll love this quick tour of 30 excellent bookstore windows at Flavorwire.
8. Worked in online journalism? Been a SAHM or SAHD? You must watch this video of the journalist quitting her job…hilarious.
9. Finally, and a propos of nothing, check out The Guardian’s slide show of the world’s most famous photographs…in play doh.
Have a great weekend!