On occasional Fridays, I point you towards some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. Over on Susan Cain’s Quiet: The Power of Introverts blog, I came across this gem by the American comedian Louis C.K. reflecting on the profound sadness lurking within us all.
2. Lindsey then did a beautiful job summing that feeling up over on her blog: A Design So Vast.
3. I’m a huge fan of the personal essay. (Duh). Herewith, 17 personal essays that will change your life.
4. And speaking of personal voice, this piece on Beyond the Margins about writing out of middle age was really inspiring.
5. Writers will also love 20 essential words we got from literature at The Huffington Post.
6. On the lighter side, I laughed out loud at Eliza Worthington’s rant at the (imposed) magazine subscription.
7. Also loved my friend Laurie’s tour through her inbox over at Midlife Mom Songs. NSA: take note!
8. Finally, just because, 20 sad Etsy boyfriends.
Have a great weekend!