Every Friday I point you towards some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. If you do nothing else this weekend, listen to this fascinating account at This American Life of a recent story on China they ran which turned out not to be (entirely) true. Kudos to them for owning this.
2. Over on The Washington Post’s She The People blog, here’s a sobering reminder by Diana Reese of why the whole contraception debate raging in the U.S. isn’t all that important when you don’t have a job.
3. I loved the essay entitled Erma Bombeck: Feminist Housewife by Kristen Levithan on Literary Mama. Such an inspiration for us all.
4. I also loved Lisa Belkin’s account at The Huffington Post of her interview with author Anne Lamott and Lamott’s son, Sam. Sam became a father at 19 and has now written about the experience with his mother. Can’t wait to read it!
5. Also on The Washington Post this week were snippets from the Things I Would Have Said book project. Marvelous!
6. Finally, this is fun: a video of Lego Tower Bridge time lapse construction on Londontopia. Cool!
Have a great weekend, everybody!