Every Friday I point you towards some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. Well, it’s the Olympics and that dominates pretty much everything right now, especially in my home town. So I kick off this week’s list with a review in The Guardian of Olympic costumes, past and present.
2. When I first watched the Friday night opening ceremony, I felt a bit like Slates’s Simon Doonan. LOL funny.
3. But I really appreciated – as always – Roger Ebert’s thoughtful analysis of the show.
5. On a serious note, I loved the fabulous Patti Digh’s take on discovering that her daughter had Asperger’s Syndrome over on the blog 37 Days.
6. Couldn’t agree more with David Plotz’s diatribe against the month of August.
7. On Colossal, you’ll want to see miniature people trapped in a world of giant food. So clever!
8. Finally, via my cousin Sarah, the video of the week: Bruce Springsteen and Jimmy Fallon sing Sexy and I Know It.