On occasional Fridays, I point you towards some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. Check out Wonkette’s hilarious take-down of Harvard Historian Niall Ferguson after he declared John Maynard Keynes to be gay.
2. Slate’s Farhad Manjoo explains exactly why I hate dogs.
3. On a much more serious note, if you’ve ever been depressed or known someone who has struggled with depression, Hyperbole and a Half gives an honest and vivid account of this disease.
4. And if you’re an alcoholic – or know one – you should definitely read Andrea Clement Santiago’s post about recovery on Big Little Wolf’s Daily Plate of Crazy.
5. Finally, to lighten the mood a bit, do peruse 60 thoughts about turning 60 at The Guardian. My faves? #35, 45 and 46.
Have a great weekend!