On occasional Fridays, I point you towards some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. In honor of the late, great Nelson Mandela, #BBC Trending brings you a short, moving video on the minute before Mandela’s death.
2. Eleanor Parker, the actress who played the Baroness Von Schraeder in The Sound of Music, also died recently. Before her death, McSweeney’s did a hilarious send up of the Baroness calling off her wedding.
3. New York-o-philes like myself will be drawn to Brain Pickings’ round up of writers talking about loving – and leaving – New York.
4. I also loved Lisa’s honest account of heartbreak over on Amid Privilege.
5. It’s Christmas! Here’s one person’s hilarious account of their annual family Christmas pageant over on Full Grown People.
6. The Guardian has amassed a wonderful collection of the Year’s Best, Worst and Most Revealing Selfies.
7. Finally, Buzz Feed’s take on How The Media will Report the Apocalypse is – yes, you guessed it – to die for.
Have a wonderful weekend and a wonderful holiday season everyone!