On occasional Fridays, I point you towards some recommended reading around the blogosphere:
1. If you do one thing this week, please listen to this amazing radio documentary on gang violence in American high schools on Chicago Public Radio’s This American Life. (Hat tip: Lisa Belkin)
2. And speaking of violence, my daughter pointed to me to this video by a couple of young girls called Letter to Lil Wayne.
3. I loved Cecilia’s honest and refreshing take on Valentine’s Day over on her fabulous Only You blog.
4. My husband – along with millions of other people – is currently obsessed with Susan Cain’s best-selling Quiet: The Power of Introverts. Here’s a recent interview Susan did about the book in the famous Politics and Prose bookstore in Washington, D.C.
5. Over on Bookish, check out Elizabeth Gilbert’s dissenting take on Philip Roth’s view of why the writing life isn’t worth it. (Hat tip: Lisa Romeo Writes)
6. Tech Page One gives some useful (and hilarious) advice for those of us trying to decide whether to text, email or just send smoke signals.
7. Finally, just because: the world’s largest library of natural sounds. Oh, c’mon. Admit it. You’ve always wanted to know what a Wilson’s snipe sounds like… (Hat tip: Brainiac)
Have a great weekend, folks!
February 24, 2013, 7:17 pm
Thank you, Delia, as always! And happy Oscar watching…will be looking forward to hearing your thoughts the day after ;-)
February 25, 2013, 2:18 pm
Wonderful to have these suggestions, as usual.
Another – if you missed it – with a nod to Lisa Belkin. Excellent piece on Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer’s anti-family stance on working from home.
A must-read: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-belkin/marissa-mayer-work-from-home-yahoo-rule_b_2750256.html
March 4, 2013, 5:15 pm
yes saw it and loved-thanks D!